Oct 12, 2013

A Day of Wandering

I've been in a bit of a weird mood today and decided to go on a bit of a walk/wander around the area I'm living in.
I always find that walking, apart from a great way of getting exercise, clears my head and helps me to make sense of my thoughts.
I've recently moved into a new house in a slightly different area in Brighton, and haven't really had a chance to explore properly. The area has a really nice feel to it and, as I discovered today, there are so many cool places I never knew about.
It's weird how you can get so caught up in the student bubble and often don't experience or ever see a lot of the city.
As I wandered, it struck me again just how much character Brighton has. It's such a unique place with it's sloping streets crammed with bright and cheery multi-coloured houses.




One of the best things that I discovered today was Queen's Park.
I'd never really explored the area of Queen's Park, although I'd heard a lot about it, and I had no idea there was such a nice and pretty park so close to where I'm living.

The park is an oasis of calm and greenery in the middle of the busy city. It was so peaceful just sitting on a bench and people watching. I watched all of the dog walkers, children playing, and the couples strolling hand in hand.






I settled down on the bench to read my book, Jack Kerouac's On the Road, which I'm thoroughly enjoying.


I'm savouring the days while they're still just warm enough to sit outside for a bit. But I can feel winter coming, I can feel the change in the air that it brings. Soon the only time I'll be outside is on my way to somewhere...


2 comments:

  1. Love the pretty clocktower. Definitely a place to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these beautiful pictures!
    xoxo

    www.cakeandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete